Job Title: Contract Senior Software Engineer
Location: West Yorkshire
Daily rate: £300 - £400 per day
Duration: 5 Month
Work arrangements: Fully remote
An excellent Telecommunications Specialist company who have a fantastic Global presence and reputation have new opportunity and they are now hiring for a Contract Senior Software Engineer to join and to be part of an exciting 5 month contract project.
The daily rate on offer for the successful Contract Senior Software Engineer is £300 - £400 per day, depending on expereince.
Although the company location is based in West Yorkshire this contract position will also be fully remote due to the pandemic. Occasional visit to site may be necessary but unlikely. The ideal Senior Software Engineer will need to have RDK-B experience which is strongly desired.
Contract Senior Software Engineer Mandatory Skills:
- 5-8+ years industry experience
- Gateway/routers/networking expertise
- Embedded Linux
- RDK-B experience – Strongly desired
- Network Protocols – TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, IPv6, Gateway, L2 Swtich, VLAN’s etc
- Strong Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- Expert embedded systems knowledge
- Version Control – GIT, SVN, Jira, Mercurial
Strongly desired key skills:
- Experience working with Video Transport & Video Delivery
- Solid debugging skills, ability to replicate and root cause problems running complex software stacks
- Expertise in toolchains, makefiles and cross-compling
- Experience with distributing digital video, ABR
- Understanding of multicast delivery technologies
If you or anyone else in your network that would be interested in the role as a Contract Senior Software Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering which is part of the Premier Group Brand on 01217961888 for further information.