Salary: (£60,000 - 90,000+) + 10-15% bonus + Excellent benefits and Hybrid working
The Senior Software Engineer will build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Work with Technical Project Manager to estimate ROMs and project skillsets.
- Execute full software development lifecycle delivering well-designed, testable code in suitable programming languages.
- Generate flowcharts, layouts, APIs and other documentation.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Meet project timescales, following industry standards.
- Maintain software, integrate latest features and refactor as necessary.
- Continue to refine software design, development, build and test working practices.
- Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Senior Management.
- Strong software programming skills (ideally in C/C++ or any other OO language)
- Software writing skills and optimisation techniques.
- Experience within embedded real-time and multi-threading.
- Working knowledge of 3GPP architecture & protocols desirable.
- Technical degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver.
- An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring.
- Able to present information in a clear and concise way to peers and managers.
- Able to explore and analyse complex inter-related systems, with a willingness to engage in topics outside the scope of the primary task.