Salary- £40,000 - 85,000 per annum dependent on experience
Must have the right to work in the UK
Location – Surrey
My client works in the Electronics Manufacturing
The Senior Project manager will ideally have the following skills:
- Proven experience in project management specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Experience of interfacing with customers.
- Good experience of implementing contracts.
- Familiarity with work package systems and matrix management structure preferable.
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical discipline would be preferable.
- Good people management skills, able to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and lead the team
- Good team working skills, together with the ability to interface with others at all levels
- Excellent Inter-personal and communication skills, able to influence, persuade and negotiate with people at all levels (externally & internally) as well as to assist in reaching compromises when there are conflicting requirements
- High degree of organisation, self-motivation and initiative
- Decision making and creative problem solving skills
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to work closely with technical teams to understand and grasp concepts and issues and translate those to schedule and cost impacts with a balanced approach to risk
- Ability to create a project plan and to translate that into a project schedules within MS Project
- Understanding of contracts and product assurance plans
- Manage projects or aspects of a project from contract commencement through development and delivery of space and ground segments, launch preparation, in-orbit commissioning and subsequent service delivery and operations.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the project, or a major element of a programme, working in accordance with the established procedures & processes developed within the company (including schedules, deliverables lists, management plans, management of risks, technical maturity gates, earned value management, etc).
- Day-to-day management of the project core team activities to ensure the entire project is progressing in line with the baseline plan, with the expectation on strong leadership, motivation and being the driving force behind the engineering delivery.
- Breaking down work into appropriate work packages and obtaining agreements with engineering team leaders for appropriate resources.
- Communication with customers and internal stakeholders, including Engineering Functional Managers, Heads of Engineering, Project Accounting, Commercial teams/ Leadership Team.
- Complete management of the major project reviews, identifying clear objectives, inputs, outputs, success criteria and ensuring successful outcomes to secure corresponding customer payment milestones.
- Management of the project key risks to ensure that risks are identified and captured with measurable and appropriate mitigation actions in place and driven through the project work package structure.
- Monitoring and control of the project finances (ensuring contingency remains commensurate with weighted risk exposure, cost to complete, profit take) to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed budget
- Preparation of cost packs in support of business development activities.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation