Job Type: Permanent
Location: Galway, Ireland
Premier Engineering has engaged with a new client and a very exciting, fast paced and rapidly growing manufacturer and integrator of electrification systems. Due to growth and expansion of the business a key opportunity has been established for a Senior Thermal Systems Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
We are searching for an engineer who is passionate, who is innovative and has great ideas they wish to share.
- Take the lead in the design and development of the integrated thermal systems for cooling and heating of bespoke modular battery system and also power electronics.
The design and development of the thermal system will involve the following:
- To take the lead in the design and development of the system architecture of both the refrigerant system and water glycol cooling system for battery thermal management to include the following:
- Carry out benchmarking of thermal systems and components
- Definition of system architecture including circuit diagrams, flow patterns and physical characteristics
- Selection, sizing and optimisation of system components to include compressors, heat exchangers, pumps, expansion valves and other related components for each modular thermal system
- To carry out 1D analysis for system optimisation
- To work with the CAD team for system layout and packaging and engineering drawings
- To work with the CAE simulation team to meet design targets for flow capabilities and heating and cooling capacity of the battery and power electronics systems
- To write system technical specifications and requirements
- To develop a system level DFMEA and subsequent component DFMEA’s as required
- To work with the test and development team to develop a test plan based on DFMEA and technical targets, this will include both bench testing and field trial’s
- To support in house bench testing and also testing in the field
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure component compatibility and function within the thermal system
- To work with customers to ensure the thermal system meets requirements and targets for the various applications the system will be integrated with
- To use industry standard tools such as 8D or similar for problem solving
- An understanding of industry standard quality tools such as APQP
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!