LOCATION- West Sussex and outside of the UK
SALARY- Dependent on experience plus car allowance - please advise what you’re looking for
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical biased Service Engineer to join an Engineering company in a hands on mechanical and electronic technical support position within the marine sector, on a permanent basis.
The Service Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Mechanical Engineering Qualification/ Background (NVQ/ HNC/ HND)
- 3- 5 years or more of engineering experience working in a similar role or manufacturing environment
- Experience providing mechanical/ technical support
- Experience working with PPM, hydraulics, pneumatics, machinery, mechanical controls, engines or jets
- Any proficiency with reading electrical and pneumatic drawings, circuit drawings, or working with PLC or PCB panels would be desirable
- Have the ability to travel frequently outside of the UK, including at short notice
- Good customer focus skills/ experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
- Being responsible for the mechanical technical support of the company’s products to all customers and distributors within the UK, Europe and Middle East.
- You will help to support emergency breakdown cover as well as scheduled servicing and maintenance.
- Extensive travelling will be required for this role which can include travel at short notice so you must be flexible.
- Be able to carry out mechanical workshop maintenance as well as deal with electronic technical enquiries
- Complete jet refurbishment