TERM- 50,000-£60,000 per annum plus other benefits
My client is looking for a Night shift Production Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Middlesex area.
The Production Shift Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Ideally degree level or equivalent work-based level experience
- Mechanical Engineering knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP scheduling systems
- Be able to read & interpret engineering drawings
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven successful leader
- Participate in daily production meetings to keep up to date with business needs
- Raise any issues online performance and materials availability that hinder the plan of customer delivery.
- Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements highlighting any discrepancies on the system.
- Keep in line with daily and weekly metrics aligned to customer demand which supports the operational strategy in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Ensure site operation is compliant on COSHH, Engineering & legislative standards, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Drive behavioural based safety throughout the plant and ensure medical treatment and target rates are adhered to.
- To take a lead role in Incident Investigations, follow up on actions, look for route cause (five whys) analysis.
- Conducts regular safety checks including guarding, interlocks, traffic ways and adherence to government guidelines including social distancing.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements on a regular basis and align any discrepancies on the system.
- Team management, including coaching, motivation, appraisals, reviews, KPI’s, one-2-one meetings, disciplinary matters and grievances as required.
- Management of budgets, including overtime, headcount, department costs aligned to customer demand requirements and demonstrate the ability to flex costs accordingly.
- Drive preventive maintenance programmes including servicing and repairs of all machinery and equipment