Premier are currently working closely with our Client in their search for a Process Engineer with the following skillsets
With this the role is to be based in the North East in the county Durham region.
They are looking for someone to begin ASAP as they look to expand their team.
With this there is a relocation package on offer for those who who do not have the ability to travel daily.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for researching, defining, and development of SiP (System in Package) Module packaging technologies.
- Responsible for defining package process flow, material set, test vehicle, DOEs, process control plans to successfully develop manufacturable and reliable SIP/Module products.
- Liaison with suppliers in developing technology related to SiP product requirements.
- Work with wider Engineering teams to drive DFM methodology for new technologies.
- Work with engineering design, test and procurement teams to ensure both quality and performance of SiP solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of semiconductor / compound semiconductor package manufacturing processes including, Substrate manufacturing, SIP/modules, wafer bumping, flip-chip, wire-bond, Underfill, SMT and other packaging technologies.
- Expert in materials characterization and analysis, DOE, reliability standards and FA techniques.
- Expertise in fine pitch Bump/Packaging/Assembly technology
- Familiar with Heterogeneous Integration Technology, Flip-Chip (FC) and micro BGA package substrate technologies.
- Familiarity with thermal design and simulation
- Good working knowledge of Eutectic solder processes
- Understanding industry packaging trends, and end-user packaging considerations
- Knowledge of reliability test methods and qualification procedure.
- Problem solving skills
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Materials Science/Electrical Engineering/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering