Industry: Manufacturing, Electronics
Salary: £22K - £26K Pa, dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), sick pay after 2 years, ‘death in service’ pay out, pension scheme & flexible working hours.
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in electronic products. Our client is based in Leicestershire. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a SMT Technician to join the Manufacturing team on a permanent basis.
This role will involve setting/operating SMT machinery to build electronic assemblies in accordance with industry standards.
- Manufacture of electronic assemblies.
- Maintenance of Production Equipment & Tools
- Promote safe working practices.
- To supervise staff in SMT department.
- To operate/ program (in support of the engineer) CAD based SMT Machinery.
- To populate SMT assemblies using pick & place machinery and manual techniques.
- Ensure manufacture to customer’s specification.
- Make sure route cards are correctly completed.
- To promote safe working practices.
- Carry out maintenance on all SMT equipment.
- Effectively and clearly communicate with other team members on SMT.
- To train production staff and promote best practice.
- Monitor ESD register and staff adherence.
- Program and Operate AOI in support of the engineer.
- Create, control and close out production defects.
Knowledge in following performance standards:
- Customer Specification
- BS EN ISO9001
- IPC 610
- ISO 13485
- Industry standards
- Safe operation and production process of products.
- Promote good housekeeping.
- Knowledge of anti-static precautions.
- Component recognition.
- Competence in hand soldering.
- Correct use of tools and equipment.
- To liaise with customers when required
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7am to 3.30pm, Friday 7am to 12.30pm
Evening shifts will be mandatory but only when required.
Monday to Thursday 1.30pm to 10pm, Friday 11am to 4.30pm
Weekend overtime available during busy periods. Overtime rate = Saturdays x1.5, Sundays x2.
Parking on site and walkable distance from a train station.
If you could be interested in the role as a SMT Technician, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.