£50,000 - £75,000
Newcastle (Hybrid working on-site/off-site)
A leading digital SaaS agency, providing solutions for their niche industry, have an opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join their team, based just outside of Newcastle. The Software Development Manager ideally will be based in the North East, in order to go on-site a couple of days a week, however, there is flexibility around this. The Software Development Manager will ideally have proven commercial experience and be able to keep up within a fast-paced environment, across small and large scale projects across new and existing platforms.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for translating requests from the business into specifications, working closely with an open-source development team which code in Ruby on Rails and working closely with the stakeholders of the business.
- Development background ideally – able to assist and support their current software development team
- Experience with one to ones and able to identify training needs
- Architectural experience / strong understanding of SOLID and OOO principles
- Involved in recruitment processes
- Proven ability to understand and interpret emerging technologies and integrate them into the business
- Excellent understanding of open-source technologies
- Implementing agile methodologies
- Good understanding on the whole development lifecycle
- Working with end clients and managing their enquiries
- Planning and managing sprints and working in an agile environment
In return, my client is offering a great benefits package, including but not limited to, a relaxed working environment, bonus scheme, insurance, 5% government pension scheme and 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) as well as remote working. You will be allowed to work remotely and go on-site a couple of days a week in an ideal world.
If you are a Software Development Manager looking for a new opportunity to join a thriving business, then please apply directly or get in touch on 01618 718 811.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com to discuss the position further.