On site - Newcastle upon Tyne
I’m currently working with a well-established company, who are looking for an experienced Software Security Engineer. As a Software Security Engineer, you'll understand complex computer systems and technical cyber security terms. Also, a Software Security Engineer will perform authorised tests on computer systems to expose weaknesses in their security that could be exploited by criminals. An essential to be a successful Software Security Engineer you will need to have proven Agile Software Development experience. This is an amazing opportunity with a very competitive salary!
Key Skills & Qualifications
- To enter this industry, you'll usually need a relevant degree, in-depth knowledge of computer operating systems and at least two to four years of experience in a role related to information security. Useful degree subjects include: computer science, computing and information systems, cyber security, forensic computing, network management, or computer systems engineering.
- As well as relevant degree qualifications, you'll often be expected to have one or more professional qualifications (trainee and graduate roles will usually include training and certification in these qualifications as part of the role).
- These include:
- o CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT)
- o Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- o Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification
- o GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) Certification
- o company certification schemes from major vendors and equipment providers like Microsoft (MCP, MCSE) or Cisco (CCNA Security).
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- You may need to undertake security clearance checks when applying for jobs.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0161 871 811 to discuss further.