I have just had a fantastic role cross my desk for a rapidly growing company based in Bath. My client is going through one of the most exciting periods of their history taking on big clients around the world they are scaling up their support teams in the UK whilst developing internally. As a result FIVE Software Support Engineer vacancies have come up with experience in Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat, Debian, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, Xen, VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, CouchDB, Apache, Naigos, Python, Perl, Ruby, Powershell, Bash, Shell, ZFS, DRBD, to join their 24/7 shift team on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (7:30am – 19:30pm), (19:30pm – 7:30am).
The successful candidate will maintain:
- Linux (Ubuntu preferred)
- Virtualisation (Xen preferred, alternatively an advanced understanding of VMware, KVM or Hyper-V)
- Minimum of 1 years’ Linux OS experience (In a support type role)
- A good grasp of scripting/coding in Shell, Python or Ruby
- A solid understanding of Routing/Switching, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls
- A willingness to learn new technology
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in a customer facing position
- Delivering IT technical support over the phone or via online chat
- Troubleshooting, patching, updating and assisting customers deploying your employers software.
- Escalating any issues to the operations team. Delivering technical IT support.
- On-Boarding new employees
- £35,000 PLUS a garuanteed percentage shift bonus
- 50/50 WFH split