Role: Software Support Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Support Manager to join a leading organidsation based in Birmingham.
My client is looking for someone to manage the process, business improvement and be responsible for managing the customer support desk and leading the software support team.
Responsibilities: Software Support Manager
- Review and monitor KPIs/SLAs across the support desk developing processes where required.
- Onboard and train new team members on the systems and processes required in your team.
- Conduct regular one to ones and performance reviews with your team members.
- Set specific, measurable goals in line with our KPIs and provide coaching / support to improve performance where needed.
- Carry our daily reviews of the support desk to identify improvements as well as share positive feedback and celebrate successes with team members.
- Monitor the support desk to improve service to customers when they have multiple tickets open with different team members to ensure they are fully managed.
- Act as a point of escalation for customers coming through the support desk.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction (proactively reach out for feedback) and investigate causes of dissatisfaction to look for improvements.
- Liaise with Account Managers regularly with updates on their customers.
- Liaise with the Implementation Manager regularly to ensure they are aware of customers in implementation who are coming through the support desk and the nature of their queries.
- Liaise with Training and agree actions to create more resources where we are seeing high customer ticket levels on specific areas of our product.
- Ensure end to end management of the ticket process when items are assigned to development.
- Ensure team members have diarised slots for their learning and development, product testing and documentation.
- Regularly meet with the COO to feedback on support desk data and share insights from customer discussions.
- 1st and 2nd line support – responding to phone calls, emails, and support tickets in line with SLAs.
- Take responsibility for your own training needs and discuss these needs with your manager.
- Excellent customer service skills– you will be committed to delivering the best possible customer experience and be comfortable to pick up the phone and ask for feedback.
- You will display high levels of integrity and always consider the security of our business and our customers' data – ensuring your team also understand the importance of data security.
- Process driven – able to review, create and enhance processes.
- Comfortable handling difficult conversations and resolving conflict.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills– you will be fluent in English, have a good telephone manner and communicate professionally via email.
- ExcellentIT skills – you will be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and have used other HR/Payroll or cloud business tools.
- Proven experience in a Software Support Manager role or similar
- Demonstratable experience of reviewing, documenting, and implementing new processes.
- Proven experience of line management and developing team members.
If you are an experienced Software Support Manager looking for a new challenging role where you can really utilise your skills within a well-established organisation then please do get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Group (Birmingham office)