Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £35K
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Industry: Gas Manufacturing
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader of Gas production, delivering solutions to highly regulated industries such as healthcare & medical. Due to team growth and expansion, we are seeking a Speciality Gas Safety & Regulatory Engineer on a permanent basis to be based from the Stoke on Trent production facility. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to join a very respectable organisation.
About the Role / Job Description / Missions & Responsibilities
We are seeking a graduate of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Toxicology or similar scientific discipline with an understanding of safety and experience of a production environment involving hazardous products. The successful applicant will be in charge of safety and regulatory compliance for our specialty gas operations that have an extensive worldwide supply chain. The role will ensure our operations successfully navigate changes to UK Reach and cylinder compliance post BREXIT.
Your role will involve:
- Creating ,revising and controlling SDS / Labelling for all company gas products in line with UK regulations
- Managing the registrations for UK REACH of all applicable gases & chemicals imported / exported at >1 Te p.a
- Managing compliance of the Speciality Gas operations in the UK for other regulatory reporting (F-Gases, etc.)
- Working with local site management and the UK SHEQ team to ensure that COSHH, COMAH and site operational procedures for the SG operations comply with the required SHEQ standards
- Your role will be an integral part of the UK SHEQ team with a functional reporting line to the facility manager of the specialty gas production site, which is where you will be based.
How you'll make an impact:
Essential Knowledge & Know-how Specific To The Job
You will be confident in chemistry, environmental science or toxicology and have a good grasp of figures and data so that you are capable of using the tools to generate product safety data sheets and labelling compliant with UK legislation. Experience of safety systems working in a production environment involving hazardous products is advantageous.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
The right background of education and experience mixed with a cooperative attitude and resilience / persistence to enforce safe working practices. You should have good attention to detail and be self-motivated.
- Safety and Regulatory compliance for Specialty Gases Production
- Management & Behaviour Skills
- Good team player with a cooperative nature, capable of getting things done through others.
- You have good attention to detail and able to generate management reports
Degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Toxicology or similar scientific discipline
Essential Work Experience
2 years working in a safety or environmental role, preferably in a production environment that handles hazardous products
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby from Premier Engineering for further information and apply!