LOCATION - Salisbury
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £38,000-£46,0000
My client – a well established manufacturer within the Engineering field is looking for an experienced individual to join their operation in the position of a Strategic Buyer.
The Strategic Buyer will ideally have the following attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience in previous Supply Chain related role (Buyer / Purchaser, Procurement, Supply Chain Manager)
- Background in negotiation and Supplier Management, working to create new relationships and develop existing ones
- Clear ability to demonstrate reduction in Lead-Times and cost through KPI improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Supply Chain management.
The Strategic Buyer’s duties will involve:
- Leading / supporting negotiations, creation and updating of supply contracts with key suppliers
- Identify, implement and project manage alternative initiatives to reduce costs and deliver continuous improvement
- Develop and communicate performance standards with internal and external stakeholders within the supply chain function
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.