Duration: 6 Month Contract
Premier Engineering have partnered with one of the UK’s leading steelwork construction companies who are looking for a Structural Draughtsman/Draughtsperson to join their team on an initial 6 month contract. The successful candidate will join an experienced team to aid in an increased workload due to the company taking on some exciting new projects.
Responsibilities of the Structural Draughtsman/Draughtsperson
- Structural Steel 3D modelling and detailing using Tekla.
- Creation of drawing issue sheets & RFI registers
- Liaise with Contract Design teams, clients and fabricators
- Build and maintain good relations with all clients and suppliers and their project team personnel. In all interactions with customers, a culture of quality, professionalism, fairness, ‘can-do’ attitude should be held.
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings.
Key skills and experience of the Structural Draughtsman/Draughstperson
- Structural Steel Detailing Experience
- Knowledge of Tekla software is essential for this role.
- Understanding of steel fabrication & installation
- Ability to work efficiently independently and in a team.
- Experience working to and meeting deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret Structural Engineer & Architect drawings
- Good working experience with office software such as Microsoft Office.
Are you a Draughtsman/Draughtsperson, with experience in structural design, looking for your next opportunity? Get in touch now with the latest version of your CV and your availability!