LOCATION- Newton Abbot
SALARY- £25,000-£50,000 per annum plus other benefits
My client is looking for a Structural Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis near to the Newton Abbot area. The ideal Candidate will have a good understanding around Structural Engineering and will ensure they always work to the highest standard satisfying the company’s and customer’s requirements.
The Structural Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified or have previous experience working in similar role within Civil or Structural Engineering
- Hands-on standard of working / problem solving skills
- Ideally be a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or institution of Structural Engineers (MICE or MIStructE)
- Be aware of Health and Safety regulations
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and pay great attention to detail
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD drawing packages
- Have experience using computer design software for structural analysis
- Right first-time approach
- Be energetic and self-motivated
- Be able to work well alone as well as part of a team
- Be familiar with common forms of construction e.g., steel, concrete, timber, or masonry
The Structural Engineer role will involve:
- Checking drawings and calculations prepared by specialist sub-contractors e.g. steel fabrication drawings
- Creating calculations, sketches and AutoCAD drawings for structural and civil engineering projects including steelwork, reinforced concrete, timber, and masonry
- Communicating design details to CAD Technicians
- Communicating effectively with architects, clients, insurance companies, local authorities, and statutory bodies when it is required.
- Carrying out site surveys, contract supervisions and inspection visits
- Attending project meetings with clients / architects / quality surveyors.
- Using relevant computer programs for structural design
- Taking instructions from clients, preparing quotations, and issuing interim certificates and final accounts
- Undertaking site surveys, investigations, building surveys and writing reports
- Compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Maintaining good quality relationships with clients
- Checking drawings and calculations prepared by specialist sub-contractors e.g., steel fabrication drawings
If you are interested in this position or know anyone who would be, please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation. We offer a referral fee for any successful candidate