A position has come available for a Supplier Quality Engineer based in Hull, My client is looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their well established and growing company.
The Supplier Quality Engineer role will develop close relationships with suppliers and customers, involving travel both in the UK and overseas.
Supporting the significant ongoing growth of the industry leading the business. You will be joining a highly motivated and supportive Quality Team, who strive for continuous improvement. Following establishment of the new factory and its Quality Management System, there will be opportunity for one of the Quality Engineers to progress into the Lead Quality Engineer position, taking responsibility for Quality Assurance in that division of the business.
Please see key skills below:
- Familiarity with the IATF:16949 Core Tools; APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP – ideally in an automotive environment, but consideration given to similar experience in other environments.
- Previous experience of Supplier Quality Assurance would be a distinct advantage, but consideration with be given to candidates with other skills and attributes who can develop into the role.
- Experience of problem solving using 8D.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Work experience in a vehicle bodybuilding or similar flow line assembly environment would be an advantage, as would experience of kitting / shipping and assembly elsewhere.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, can communicate well with; colleagues at all levels, customers, suppliers and external accreditation bodies.
- A good administrator, with a high work rate, who manages their own work load and does not need to be reminded to complete deliverables.
- Good IT skills, the ability to develop Quality Assurance through IT packages such as Fusion Lifecycle etc is pivotal to the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call 01618718811 and ask for Ben.