Salary: £27.4K Pa, including shift allowance
Benefits Package: Competitive Salary, 25 Days annual leave addition to 8 UK bank holiday, free parking, working flexibility and training to IPC standards, generous +25% shift allowance
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading electronics manufacturer. Our client is based in Cambridge. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for Surface Mount (SMT) assembly operative to join the Manufacturing team on a permanent basis.
The Surface Mount Assembly Operative role is a key position that my client believes will strengthen their existing small team and increase the capacity of their SMT department as they continue to grow as a business. This role will ensure that SMD components are loaded and programmed onto the automated pick & place machines in exactly the correct sequence and position, will run the job from start to finish and will take responsibility for the quality of the placement and reflow solder of the components.
- Loading and verification of components on the SMT assembly lines.
- Communicating any material discrepancies.
- Running an SMT line, ensuring that all SMT parts are placed on each board and that each board is reflow soldered in accordance with the product build instructions.
- Returning unused material, correctly packaged and clearly labelled to stores.
- Checking kitted material received from Stores is correct for each job.
- Report any issues relating to material quality and supply.
- Ensure any moisture sensitive components are managed correctly.
- Loading of feeders and carts within the surface mount department.
Offered in Return:
A competitive salary, 25 days annual leave in addition to the UK’s 8 bank holidays, free parking for cycles and cars, opportunity for weekday and weekend working as well as training to IPC standards.
If you could be interested in the role as a Surface Mount Assembly Operative, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.