Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45K - £50K
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Industry: Heavy Engineering, Oil & Gas, Offshore
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading handling equipment manufacturer based in Telford. A privately owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of product handling systems. Due to team and project growth a new opportunity has become available for a Systems Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
This successful business provides a wide range of technically advanced, high performance product handling and drive & control systems to worldwide onshore and offshore markets
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Saturation Diving
- Deep Water Lifting
- Power & Telecoms Cable Lay
- Naval Ships and Submarines
- Seismic Exploration
- Oceanographic Research
The successful candidate will coordinate extensively with the Electrical Design Engineers, all currently based in Hamilton, and all other Design disciplines to ensure that all electrical requirements of the equipment are being met. They will also ensure that the Electrical Design Engineers have all relevant information to hand in order that the Control System is compatible with all other Mechanical and Hydraulic Design details.
- Provide Technical Input and support on Sales Proposals and Equipment Design with relevant client interface which may be in the UK or abroad.
- Participate and contribute to Design Reviews, Contract Reviews and any other multi disciplined Project related activity
- Produce FMECA/FMEA Documents when applicable
- Preparation of Electrical Specifications for Control Panels
- Preparation of Functional Design Specifications
- Assist with the selection of all major components (Motors, Drives and Control Gear)
- Assist with selection of PLC Equipment and Field Components
- Preparation of Electrical Specifications for Installations
- Create Parts Lists and procure all Electrical Installation materials
- Manage, coordinate and supervise all Electrical Installation activity including any Sub Contractor activity.
- Assist in the preparation of all Test Procedures
- Supervise and assist with all aspects of Electrical Testing and Commissioning
- Assist in coordinating Client FAT's and SAT's both in Telford and on Site
Must have mimimum 5 years relevant experience
Degree Level preferred, HNC in Electrical Engineering as a minimum
Sound intersting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!