Sectors: Electronics, Industrial Machinery, Electric Vehicles, Automotive
Job Title: Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Huddersfield (West Yorkshire)
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Company Overview & Job Title:
An exciting brand new opportunity has a risen because a small, established and hugely successful engineering company based in Huddersfield (West Yorkshire) who are specialists in the world of Industrial Machinery Manufacturing is now seeking to hire a brand new Systems Integration Engineer to join the dynamic company made up of a team of highly passionate people who will be fundamental in driving this segment of the business forward. This company are also leading experts in the design, manufacture, selection and supply of Off Highway Vehicles, electric motors, Industrial Applications and many others.
Salary and room for growth and promotion:
The salary on offer for the successful Systems Integration Engineer is £30,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience. There is room for career development, training and progression opportunities within the business for the Systems Integration Engineer progress and become a Senior Systems Integration Engineer and hopefully oversea the department as well as the role being ideal for someone looking for an influential role with a level of autonomy.
This a brand new unique withing business because the Systems Integration Engineer will take ownership and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing the integration of complex systems within electric vehicles and industrial equipment. The Systems Integration Engineer’s expertise will be crucial in product selection, system & software design, implementing, tuning, and troubleshooting, ensuring overall system functionality.
The role of the system integration engineer is to work closely with the company’s client’s engineering teams to design electrical drive trains for their off-highway vehicles or machinery. They will be responsible for integrating multiple electrical and mechanical components manufactured by our partners to create complete vehicle control systems.
- HND/HNC, Degree, B.S. or M.S. degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics, Robotics or Motorsport Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3+ years minimum industry experience
- Experience in designing, working with software, implementing electronic systems and associated tool environment
- Experience in programming using C/C++ or Python
- In depth knowledge of power electronics, control systems, electrical, mechanical components, powertrain experience, and vehicle mechanics
- Knowledge & experience of vehicle communication systems such as CAN, Canbus, CAN-Open, J1939, FlexRay, Lin, Ethernet, UDS, MOST
- Other protocols – SPI, I2C, USB, UART, Modbus, WI-FI etc
- Ability to configure and tune motor controllers an advantage
- Knowledge of functional safety requirements – ASIL, SIL, ISO 26262
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle
- Knowledge and experience of the V Model for Software Engineering
- Industry experience – Off Highway Vehicles, Electric Vehicles, EV Chargers, Automotive, Powertrain, Industrial Machinery
- An ability to create detailed scope of work documentation outlining the functionality, performance, constraints, and expectations of the electrical system.
- Proficiency in CAD software an advantage but not essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Familiarity with safety standards and regulatory requirements related to EV’s and industrial equipment
- Ability to travel domestic and overseas as and when required
- Customer focused and results orientated
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with advanced written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with proficient project management abilities
- 25 days plus public holidays
- 5% pension
- Company bonus scheme
- 5x Company life insurance for all employees
- Free eye tests
- Option for cycle to work
- Company Phone
- Training programme both in-house and with our partner
If the above Systems Integration Engineering role is an opportunity of your interest to join a small, successful, and growing business and have the opportunity to take ownership of an exciting role, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank Kanjanda at Premier Group at 0121796188 and firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the role and company.
Not for you but know someone who may be interested? We do offer up to £500 upon placement of successful referrals!