Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Leicester.
The successful candidate must have proven experience working for an MSP or a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities: Technical Support Engineer
- Work on incoming support requests and prioritise tickets accordingly via telephone or remote support occasionally within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to offer, advise and/or sell products and services where fit.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service and care.
- Resolution of support issues and requests within contracted SLAs
- Ability to work as part of a team or as an individual.
- Routine systems administration tasks
- Attending client sites when required
- Flexible approach to working, occasionally be expected to work outside of standard business hours.
Essential skills required: Technical Support Engineer
- Windows Server Administration 2008/2012/2016/2019, Windows 10
- MS Exchange/Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams)
- Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, group policy
- Understanding and ability to configure and troubleshoot networking components, such as switches and firewalls.
- Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Backup software and related principles (i.e., Veeam, Datto, etc.)
- Keen interest in Information Technology, Computer hardware and software in general
- Be able to communicate and articulate technical concepts to a non‐technical audience.
- Be able to drive and have their own car.
Desirable but not Essential: Technical Support Engineer
- Experience of 365 migrations and deployments
- Experience of AWS/MS Azure platform
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience of ConnectWise/Datto/Atera
- Cisco/Microsoft certifications advantageous
If you are an experienced Technical Support Engineer looking for a new and exciting role then please get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Technology (Birmingham office)