Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 DOE
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Support Analyst to join a good client of mine in Solihull.
The successful candidate will provide a 1st / 2nd line technical support to the company’s customers. This will include IT infrastructure support both remotely and on-site. You will also be tasked with installing and supporting IT solutions and liaising with third-party suppliers to resolve customer problems.
Responsibilities: Technical Support Analyst
- Provide a 1st / 2nd line technical support to the company’s customers.
- Ability to form strong relationships with customers, ensuring customer service is always a high priority.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with customers and vendors with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Flexible and adaptable (e.g., be prepared to travel in UK and be prepared to work outside of standard office hours).
- Ability to take ownership of Incidents & Problem Management and seeing them through to a resolution.
- 1st / 2nd line IT Infrastructure support experience
- Knowledge and understanding of IT technologies, including:
- Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2012 / 2016 & Small Business Server 2012/2016)
- Window 7 / 10 operating systems
- Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of Microsoft 365 Email, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Anti-virus solutions (e.g., Trend Micro)
- Backup solutions (e.g., Veritas Backup Exec, Arcserve Backup / Arcserve UDP)
- Experiences in the following, would be advantageous:
- An understanding of Azure cloud technologies
- Virtualisation technologies (e.g., VMWare ESXi / vCenter, Hyper-V)
- Barracuda Networks appliances (Firewalls, Web Filter, SD-Wan/VPN)
- Networking across LAN/WAN/DNS/DHCP
- Wireless technologies (e.g., Aruba, Ubiquiti)