Job Type: Permanent
Location: Evesham, Worcestershire
Salary: up to £30K DOE
Industry: Gas Hydraulic Systems
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world-leading brand for gas springs and gas hydraulic systems for stamping dies, counterbalance, and gas hydraulic suspension systems for heavy duty off-road vehicles. Due to team growth, we are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer / Technical Service Representative to join on a permanent basis. This role is based on site.
The Technical Service Representative internal will be responsible for print and quality review for Nitrogen Gas products catalog items. They will be the central point of contact for customers on technical and sales support. Provide sales, technical and application assistance to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze customer drawings for feasibility issues and recommend solutions to capture sales.
- Assist customers with engineering, customer service, and quality related issues.
- Support all aspects of customer needs during the quotation/order process
- Interface with customers on their design and technical inquiries
- Packing and dispatch of orders
- Check product before dispatch
- Invoicing, customer follow up
- Purchase of branded products for customers, Evesham stock, booking in
- Understand and ensure customer specific requirements, are met
- Process and follow up on quote requests
- Visit customers when required to fit manifold hose systems, maintenance.
- Visit customers to carry out Maintenance and safety training when required.
- Performs all other assignments as requested by management.
- Ability to provide technical application assistance
- Maintains sufficient contact with customers in a competitive environment by effective quote follow up and orders.
- Adherence to the Group Code of Ethics
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Associates Degree in Engineering
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering design related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of press tool engineering and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, organize and process engineering and quality related data
- Knowledge and working understanding Press tooling
- Strong PC aptitude in a Windows environment required; specifically, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point). Ability to learn other software packages and maintain an awareness of technology advancements.
- Ability to interpret CAD Data and tolerance schemes.
- Understand and apply manufacturing principles to gas springs and tooling.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette required.
Core BGI Competencies:
- Instill Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Communicates Effectively
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
- Travel may be required primarily for customer support and maintenance of NGP products.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!