Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Switchgear Manufacturing
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: £30K - £40K DOE
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and leading manufacture of electrical distribution and control panel solutions. Due to team and company growth an opportunity has become available for a Tendering Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
About the Role:
You’ll be providing support within tendering, estimation or quotations, specifically for electrical installation / design projects.
- Providing tenders in-line with the customer requirements and working to agreed SLAs.
- Managing several tenders at any one time, all at different stages and of varying complexity.
- Provide accurate and timely decision making on enquiries to establish Bid – No Bid status
- Be aware of the intricacies of each tender, paying particular attention to the detail (conversion rates etc.)
- Interpreting schematic drawings, BOM's and Specifications to provide accurate tenders.
- Maintaining an accurate database of all project enquiries and quotations.
- All documentation should be accurate and contain product data, price and margin
- Controlling risks and ensuring accurate and relevant TOB.
- Solid communication with internal and external stakeholders / customers.
- Managing orders to ensure accurate completion of project.
- Be aware of opportunities to widen the scope on projects, based on schematics, BOM's or Specifications to identify opportunities to tender.
- Ensure you provide a great customer experience.
In order to be considered for this Tendering Engineer role, it’s expected that you will carry:
- Previous experience of tendering and quoting for electrical projects (products not staffing levels)
- Solid I.T skills and the ability to work with most modern databases, and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proven experience of developing long term, profitable business relationships with customers.
- An ability to manage several projects at any one time.
- An ability to generate quotations and tenders from BOMs, schematics and similar technical documentations.
In addition to an impressive salary, based on your experience, you’ll also enjoy:
- A good allocation of holiday allowance
- Good company pension
- A days role in an excellent working environment
- Structured development within the business
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!