Industry: Engineering, Electronics
Job Title: Test & Approvals EMC Engineer
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Excellent Benefits Package
An excellent Global Engineering specialist company based in North Yorkshire who have great presence across multiple industries such as Electronics, Manufacturing, Automotive and many more have an exciting new opportunity to hire for a Test & Approvals EMC Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis during an exciting period of growth. The key for this role is for the Test & Approvals EMC Engineer to be one of the expert and knowledgeable in house Electronics & Product Technical Specialist with former experience being engaged within EMC and Product Testing.
The salary on offer for the successful Test & Approvals EMC Engineer is £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
Role: The successful Test & Approvals EMC Engineer will need be able to demonstrate their experience in working with environmental / EMC testing of present and new high technology based products during development and authorization stages.
Test & Approvals EMC Engineer Mandatory Skills:
- 2-3+ years industry experience
- Relevant Electronics/Electrical Engineering and/or Test Engineering qualifications
- Demonstrable experience with international test standards and approval methods
- Product testing experience
- Experience of EMC, Safety, Radio, and environmental testing
- Good understanding of the BSI EN 61000-6-4 and BSI EN 61000-6-2 standards
- Lab test equipment – Oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators etc
- Background in Electronics, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
Nice to have skills:
- Previous experience being an Electronics Engineer, Test & Approvals Engineer, EMC Engineer - Highly advantageous.
- Work experience in a UKAS accredited test lab
- Experience in product compliance analysis and testing methods.
- Experience with the CE Marking, LVD, UL standards and approvals
- Experience with lab test equipment - spectrum analysers, logic analysers, oscilloscope etc.
- PCB fault finding and debugging at component level
If you or anyone else within your network could be interested in the role as a Test & Approvals EMC Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.