Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £50K DOE
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Industry: Energy & Power
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in low carbon power generation technologies, a very innovative and future thinking business. Due to an increase in new projects and team growth a new opportunity has arisen for a Test Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
If you are an experienced Test Engineer ready to react to any issues as they arise and support innovative projects, we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are a dynamic company with a highly innovative and market leading product seeking an experienced Test Engineer to join our growing Product Development Test team.
We recognise our Test team as vital to our success. Our team is fully committed to performing component, subsystem and whole system level testing for our unique gas turbine driven electrical generator. As our Test engineer you will engage in a variety of R&D and V&V testing to support new product introduction and subsystem testing. Additionally, the competitive and fast-paced nature of our technology development requires constant improvement of our capabilities. A strong candidate will have demonstrable experience in test facility design and development and will be experienced in sourcing and integrating new cutting-edge measurement technology.
The ideal candidate will have experience in calibration, installation and utilisation of instrumentation and DAQ systems. We are looking for an individual who has a hands on approach, a flexible can-do attitude and is constantly looking for ways to optimize and improve test capability and methods.
As a member of the Test Team, you can expect continuous opportunities to influence development and make a visible impact on the product we produce. If you are looking to work alongside experts in their fields and have active participation in design improvement proposals, please get in touch.
What you'll get from us:
- Opportunity to engage with a wide range of advanced electrical and mechanical technologies and learn new skills associated with them.
- Be part of developing a revolutionary new product.
- A supportive, fast paced and energetic team environment.
- The opportunity to add real value and play a critical part in our evolving business.
- Private Medical Insurance, funded by the Company.
- Competitive salary, up to 50K DOE.
- Pension contribution.
- Life assurance.
- 33 days holiday entitlement, inc Bank Holidays.
What you’ll deliver to us:
- To perform a variety of testing on microturbine gensets. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Endurance and Reliability Testing
o Customer validation testing, such as testing the interaction of our product with customer equipment
o Research and Development into new product introductions, and solutions to problems, cost down, product improvement etc
o Product investigations
- Fault finding and diagnosis of problems.
- Manage data, configuration details and results in a highly organised manner.
- Reporting by writing detailed technical test reports.
- Participation in development of new equipment and facilities
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2:1 Hons degree in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Control related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a role with test experience or exposure - A good ‘all-round’ background is sought as this is primarily a full system level role.
- Can demonstrate general software knowledge.
- A desire for ‘hands on’ work, and to collaborate within a highly qualified and driven team. Work can involve extended periods of kneeling and some working outdoors throughout the year will be required.
- A genuine passion for engineering. This will be explored during the interview.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.