ROLE- Mechanical Design Engineer
LOCATION - Aldershot
SALARY- £35,000 - £45,000, dependent on experience
My client designs and manufactures bespoke equipment and machinery. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team near Aldershot on a permanent basis.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree / HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar Design Engineering / CAD Operation position
- Experience in Robotics, Automation, SPM, conveyors or other machinery manufacturing environments would be ideal
- Be proficient using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Creo, Inventor, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of materials – sheet metal, aluminium etc.
- Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge of core principles and tight tolerances
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient using MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Have the ability to work well alone as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve:
- Using CAD for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Designing conveyors and other machinery in the Automation sector
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Being involved in final assembly of products
- Creating the required documentation for design as well as project reports / plans
- Updating 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the MRP system creating BOMs
- Checking drawings for sign off
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team on varied projects
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible.
For more information about this role please apply, or email Sarah Lody on email@example.com who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group