JOB- Manufacturing Engineer
SALARY- £35,000-£45,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Oxfordshire area. The role will involve identifying bottlenecks and eliminating non-value added activities making improvements to productivity, cost, quality and health & safety.
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HND/HNC qualified or equivalent experience in Engineering, Science or a related field
- Have experience working as a Manufacturing/ Production Engineer within product development in a similar environment
- Be able to read engineering drawings
- Have experience of using 2D/3D CAD ideally
- Proactive hands on problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
The Manufacturing Engineer role will involve:
- Working on both existing and new R&D projects
- Create and maintain controlled documentation such as Process flows, tool drawings, component specs, BOMs and work instructions
- Work closely with the Lean team to develop and implement best practices, routines and solutions to improve production rates, Quality and output
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts, designing jigs and fixtures where necessary
- Participate in NPI reviews to ensure only most production efficient designs are released into production
- Delivering continuous improvement, operational excellence, and lean improvements
- Identify & present ideas for improving productions processes improving profitability, quality and throughput or H&S.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.