SALARY - £25,000- £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
TYPE - Permanent
LOCATION - Portsmouth
My client is a specialist manufacturer. They are looking for a Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant to join their team in Portsmouth on a permanent basis.
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant will ideally have the following attributes:
- 1-3 years’ experience working in Purchasing
- Understanding of forecasting and working to forecast data
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Confident and highly organised
- Able to work quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant role will involve:
- Maintaining product availability
- Organising replenishment of stocked and non-stocked products
- Working with forecast data to raising orders and back-order to reduce excess stock and minimise cost
- Confirming orders, updating documents and creating new ones
- Working with suppliers to navigate purchase orders and co-ordinate expectations
- Managing ERP and being responsible for product and technical documentation
- Working to budgets and timescales
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.