IR35 - Outside
LOCATION- Birmingham – On Site
TERM- 12 months
RATE - £24 - 28 p/h
Candidates must be British citizen/ Legal Resident of UK
A trusted global product engineering and lifecycle services partner to many of the world’s most recognized companies is looking for a FMEA/Quality Engineer to join their team at their Birmingham locations on a 12 month contract basis.
Pre-Requisite: Must holds legal status in UK
Responsibilities of the FMEA/Quality Engineer:
- Conduct Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) of new and existing products and manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) workshops.
- Collaborate with all departments involved in development of new product or manufacturing process.
- Lead design reviews of equipment under development phase using Design FMEA.
- Lead reviews of manufacturing processes using Process FMEA.
- Ensure high quality of whole FMEA activity and correct application of the method.
- Coach the development team in FMEA method.
- Consult on R&D projects with regard to quality improvement opportunities.
- Introduce innovative solutions and ideas to improve design and process.
- Share expertise and knowledge between different development sites.
Key Competencies and Skills of the FMEA/Quality Engineer
- Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Key Technical/Professional Competencies
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing , PFMEA and Control plans
- Understanding of Process Excellence (certified Green Belt)
- Understanding of Manufacturing Engineering core processes (e.g. process planning, inspection planning, tooling, creation of operator instructions)
- Ability to characterize various tools, tooling’s and fixtures
If you are a FMEA/Quality Engineer looking for your next opportunity get in touch now with the latest version of your CV!