Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Electrical Power
Summary of the role:
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and leading systems integration specialist within the Energy and related industry sectors. Due to continuous growth and new business my client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Protection Systems Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
As the UK focuses on a drive to net zero, transmission and distribution network operators are working in a changing energy landscape that, as well as regulatory pressures, now includes an increasing number of connected systems, different platforms and digital technologies, as well as changing priorities from its customer.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the UK’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring with it exciting opportunities to influence a project in its entirety from beginning to end.
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Hardware Panel Designer to really make their mark on a broad and varied range of Substation Control and Protection Systems.
We are looking for a strong candidate with experience of delivering projects across the full lifecycle, from initial concept through to site delivery. This position would be the perfect fit for someone who has a good grounding in substation secondary systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment.
This is the ideal role for a design engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and really make a difference.
- Working to agreed procedures/methods and standards with configuration and engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
- Producing system designs from customer supplied information
- Creating and utilising templates to provide a standard approach
- Developing/modifying system drawings, general arrangements, schematics and wiring diagrams etc
- Produce client design documentation and test documentation
- Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems
- Lead site surveys and assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Support acceptance testing
- Supervise/lead project team members
At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline or be able to demonstrate over 5 years experience
- Experience of Transmission network substations
- Experience of substation control & protection systems
- Site Installation and Commissioning experience
- Experienced in GE, ABB or Siemens Control Systems
- Experience of Protection solutions (GE/Siemens/ABB/SEL)
Preferably educated to degree level in relevant subject(s).
- Computer literate with AutoCAD (or equivalent design package such as EPLAN) and Excel experience.
- Capable of good customer communications.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible in their methods of working.
- 25+ days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance(4x annual salary)
- Private healthcare
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee assistance mental wellbeing programme
- Employee discount at 100’s of UK retailers
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!