Premier Group are currently engaged with a local client within the higher education sector, who require 1st/2nd Line Support to join the team. You will be the friendly face of the IT department, helping both staff and students.
The ideal 1st/2nd Line Support Technician will be able to provide a fast and responsive local IT support service to the college team which is consistent and compliant with IT policies and procedures. To also complete tasks to support the IT team in implementing new technical features.
1st/2nd Line Support - Essential criteria
- Highly organised and focused in delivering a fast and high-quality support service
- Excellent administrative skills and experience in managing their own work-plan
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Experience of supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft office applications
- An understanding of TCP IP protocols
- Experience with printer management
- 1st line or 2nd line experience within a technical role ideally within the HE sector, but not essential
- Technical qualifications would be helpful but not essential, full training will be provided
- Knowledge of patch management
- Knowledge of VOIP phones
- Experience of Active Directory and Exchange user account management
- Experience with supporting Macs
- To provide 1st line support to all staff in the respective college and escalate calls where necessary to IT support on other client sites.
- To ensure that all infrastructure services including network connectivity, phone and wireless service issues along with core software services are escalated to the relevant parties within a suitable time frame.
- To set-up college staff on desk-tops, laptops, phones, MACs
- To actively use and review the IT Helpdesk log to ensure that all college issues are logged and prioritised
- To manage all college technical assets and to liaise with finance on asset purchase, location and disposal
- To liaise with the college business system super-users to deploy systems/software across college users
- To perform local IT tasks related to project or service affecting work (eg network line failover procedures)
- To maintain local records of user signed IT Policies and Acceptable Usage Policy
- To travel to Brighton regularly for team meetings and project meetings
- The role will involve out of hours on call support on a rota basis
If you have experience with 1st/2nd Line Support and are looking for a new and exciting role then please get in touch with Sam Hayward at Premier Group (Birmingham Office)