Salary: £24,000 - £33,000
My Client based in Northampton are expanding their IT department and are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer
The successful 2nd Line Support Engineer will possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a role of supporting servers, networks, printers, PC’s and applications
- Ability to work in a busy helpdesk environment and good knowledge of general helpdesk operations
- Experience of remote management into client sites
- Proven experience of enterprise / mainstream technologies and applications primarily focused on Microsoft front/backend products as well as anti-virus and backup platforms and operations
- Industry recognised accreditations such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCA, CCNA are highly desirable
The main responsibilities for the 2nd Line Support Engineer are:
- Provide 2nd line technical support to customers
- Provide high standard of customer service, ensuring that incidents and updates from customers are logged and processed quickly and the customer is provided with regular updates on incident progress
- Work closely with 1st line technical support and field engineers to ensure a high level of communication is maintained
- Provide assistance to the service team for technical design, implementation and support of customer incidents and projects
- Schedule and provide proactive communication to customers on field engineer movements and updates on outstanding calls
- Work under own initiatives as part of the Service Team to ensure high quality support to clients.
If you know anyone who is looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer position, please notify them of this role. We pay up to £500 for each successful referral placed.
If you are an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer available now or in the near future for a new contract opportunity, please apply with your updated CV or call Axl at Premier Group for further information.