LOCATION- South Devon area
TERM- Permanent candidates only
SALARY- £30,000 - £32,000 and other great benefits
We are looking for a Buyer on a permanent based in the South Devon area to support with sourcing direct & indirect materials at the appropriate quality on time and at a competitive costs
The Buyer will ideally have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience of Production planning in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems (preferably SAP)
- Understanding of quality requirements in tightly regulated industries
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Self- motivated individual
- Works effectively in a small team
- Flexible approach to meeting deadlines
- Inventory management. Work with internal and external partners to optimise stock and ensure stock is provided in line with product lifecycle and business requirements.
- Work with Product/Programme team to manage procurement actions in new product introduction
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Actioning the requirements of MRP.
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP, i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Continuous Improvement. Work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working. Implement new tools, processes and procedures that are identified for group role out.
- Supplier Quality – work with suppliers and other departments to ensure robust corrective actions are in place to deal with non-conformity
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI’s (OTD, Quality, PPV) and publish along with action plans to deliver agreed targets
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.