SALARY- £30,000-£35,000 circa (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a CNC Machinist on a permanent basis in the Somerset area for a market leading manufacturer within their field. Must be able to work from drawings, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks.
The CNC Machinist will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC qualified is desirable
- Apprenticeship time served, Mechanical Engineering on Toolmaking
- Experienced within CNC machining and conventional machines
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to interpret complex mechanical drawings
- Ability to use CAD/CAM and also edit/modify programmes
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to operate machine tools on shop, Heidenhain and/or Fanuc and Siemens Control.
- Implementing project schedules and plans in a timely effective manner
- Identifying risk mitigation actions and risks
- Establishing productive working relationships with engineering, planning, design teams to maintain customary liaison.
- Analyse production processes and propose improvements to reduce lead time, reduce cost
- Check mechanical products using CMM (Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine).
- Work with Engineering in implementation of evaluation of experiments
- Assist in the design of fixturing and identifying tooling requirements.
- Mentoring and developing novice machinist.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety.