LOCATION – Milton Keynes
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £45,000 - £52,000
My client – an Manufacturer of OEMs and Component parts are on the lookout for an experienced Automation / Control Systems Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in Milton Keynes.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering upgrades to PLC Systems and Modifying existing production machinery within an FMCG type environment.
Those with full project lifecycle experience of implementing and Programming new production lines will be of particular interest.
The Control Systems Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
- PLC Programming experience at Structured Text Level.
- Experience in Programming PLCs in a CODESYS environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Servos, VSDs or Motion Control Products.
- Ideally have knowledge of either Design or Installation of Hydraulic and Pneumatic components.
- Excellent communication skills
The Control System Engineer’s duties will involve:
- Writing software for PLCs, SCADA and HMIs.
- Electrical Panel Design and Integration for Machinery.
- Participating in Project Specifications to participate in a full life cycle design process.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement within both existing and new product designs.
- Working between a number of departments to ensure smooth communication and efficient delivery of projects.
If you are interested in this Control Systems Engineering role, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.