Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Food Processing & packaging
A great engineering company based in Peterborough are looking for an controls and automation engineer to join their business on a permanent basis.
- Completing project tasks (specifying, planning, testing and commission of control systems in conjunction with the customer, providing after sales service and customer training)
- Informing the assigned project leader of any problems relating to the assigned tasks.
- Maintaining project files according to the company quality procedures.
- Procuring help on the technical and resource matters from the project leader.
- Regularly assess the outstanding work, provide updates to project leader as required and ask for support in good time.
- Handing over the project to the customer and provide after sales support.
- Maintaining, update and archive the project documentation.
- Striving towards own project leadership responsibilities.
- Ideally have a Technical/Vocational diploma or degree in electrical or automation engineering or equivalent
- Experience working on turnkey automation/controls projects
- Experience designing and coding PLC/SCADA control systems
- Experience working with Rockwell and/or Siemens TIA
- Experience within the food processing industry is a huge benefit
- Ideally of 2-5 years’ experience PLC Programming