Location: London based (Remote working is also an option)
Job type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Data Science
I am looking for a Data Scientist for a fast-growing Media company with an amazing opportunity for progression. We are looking for someone with a real passion to bring creative flare and to stand out from competition.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Working with stakeholders throughout the organisation to drive business solutions within different industries.
- Using predictive modelling to increase customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes to help generate sales of the data service for maximum optimization.
- Analyse and review data to identify data driven solutions to a range of industry problems.
- Present outcomes/analysis to the client, when appropriate
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement data models and platforms.
Essential skills to succeed in the role include:
- 4+ years’ experience in the capacity of a Data Scientist in a product development environment
- Ability to work with unstructured data.
- Loading and cleaning data from a variety of sources, (APIs, Databases, CSVs)
- Data modelling with Excel, including use of Power Pivot.
- R experience
- Data Visualisation skills
- Python coding with experience working with pandas.
- Hadoop platform and SQL coding
- Experience of using cloud-based data and machine learning tools.
- Experience working with datasets that require a lot of wrangling or cleaning.
- Experience working with large scale data analytics engines (eg: Apache Spark)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Certifications or qualifications in data science or machine learning topics
In return the successful Data Scientist will receive a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
If you are interested, please send an email with an updated CV and salary expectations immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org as I have interview slots for next week.
Alternatively, if you know anyone suitable, we offer up to £500 referral reward, so please pass on their details.