Duration: 3 Months (Temp to Perm)
Pay: £26-£30 p/h
Premier have partnered with an expanding company with links to a variety sectors including; Oil & Gas, Marine, amongst others. Due to rapid growth the client is seeking a motivated Design Engineer to join their Technical Department.
The successful candidate will join a fast paced team which has numerous opportunities for enhanced responsibility and role development. We are looking for a dedicated individual with the desire to grow into the role and offer their own input into the future success of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Design Engineer:
- Overseeing new projects development, including compiling relevant part data, creating solid models, engineering drawings and quality documents;
- Preparation of accurate solid models for CAD/CAM manufacture for all of our pattern and die equipment;
- Day to day maintenance of the production & quality control systems;
- Preparation of tooling drawings in line with production requirements;
- Monitoring and updating company MPR system;
- Identifying and sourcing inspection gauges for new projects, and maintaining current gauge calibration schedule;
- Development and maintenance of company procedures;
- Development of industrial accreditation documents for new business ventures.
- Opportunity to work on marketing materials, inc. installation manuals, technical literature, datasheets etc.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Product Design or associated field;
- Experience with CAD & engineering drawings using Solidworks
- Competent with Microsoft Office (strong with Excel);
- Capable of making appropriate job decisions following company policy and past precedent;
- Ability to work independently and identify potentially more effective methods of working;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, customers and suppliers.
- Must have desire to go permanent
If you are a motivated Design Engineer looking for your next opportunity, get in touch with the latest version of your CV!