Job Type: Permanent
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client a leading switchgear manufacturer for the Rail industry based in Leicester. Due to business and project growth we are recruiting for a Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
We have a long heritage in the rail industry based on decades of experience but have continued to embrace innovation in both products and business techniques to ensure that we remain the first and best choice for our customers.
Main Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our Engineering team based at our site in Leicester.
- To design and produce electrical control and distribution panels through to commissioning.
- Provide technical support for operational employees and external customers
- Project Management of each job – design, technical, purchasing, quality, after care support and testing
- Apply knowledge, skill and experience to design and implementation of new innovative solutions
- Work to and maintain the production schedule
- Review profit and loss of each job
- Carry out contract reviews as per the requirements of the quality procedure
- Ensure all activities undertaken are fully compliant with quality management system and in accordance with health and safety requirements
- Qualified to HNC / HND level in Electrical design – (or equivalent experience)
- Creation of electrical schematics via Engineering design system (AutoCad LT)
- Creation of Bills Of Materials and purchase lists
- Excellent commercial knowledge and application
- Experience in product design lifecycle – from concept to introduction into manufacturing (ideally in safety critical industry)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for producing innovative design solutions
- Good team player
- IT literate
- Experience / knowledge of rail industry
- PTS Holder
- Project Management Experience highly desirable
- Competitive salary
- Pension and death in service provisions for employees in pension scheme
- 25 Days Hols (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee offers and discounts from various retailers
- Cycle to work scheme, recognition events and rewards
- Free car parking
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!