Job Type: Permanent
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
Salary: £DOE plus benefits package
Industry: Building & Construction Solutions
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and an established leading manufacturing of solutions for the Building & Construction industry (high volume & fast paced manufacturing). Due to continuous growth within a booming market a new opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to join on a permanent basis. This role will be mainly based on site in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
- Responsible for all activities associated with the Maintenance Department, Toolroom, Process Engineering and New Product Introduction.
- Maintenance Department – to oversee all installation, repair and upkeep of the company’s equipment and facilities.
- Toolroom – All aspects of tooling manufacture and improvement, general tool repair and general maintenance/servicing of tools (Both internal and external).
- Process Engineering - To lead and participate in continuous improvement by adding value to processes and product. To support the business with the introduction of new processes and product. Provide support with process issues in the form of analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving with permanent solutions.
- For the performance, standards, systems and organisation of all Engineering areas and the conduct of all associated employees.
Specific Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Provide specialist technical advice and support
- Management of Engineering employees assigned to the department on a day to day basis. Ensuring productivity and standards are at the highest level.
- To plan Engineering department activities in order to control budgets and meet targets
- To manage & prioritise daily Engineering activities that effectively support the manufacturing Operations of the business.
- To support the business with sourcing of new contractors / sub-contractors where required.
- To ensure all machines and equipment meet legislation (such as Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations and any other legislative requirements in terms of service and inspection)
The achievement of performance standards relating to Engineering operations as identified by senior management and in particular relating to:
- Productivity / Throughput in all Engineering areas
- Maintenance of record accuracy and associated controls
- Ensure all equipment and machinery comply with legislation and H&S requirements
- Managing & achieving day to day priorities
- Liaise internally with other departments, suppliers & contractors
- Good housekeeping at all times
- To ensure all Engineering employees are fully briefed in Health & Safety requirements and that visitors and other staff entering Engineering areas are reminded of the procedures and necessary safety wear required
- To ensure all employees are properly trained to fulfill their duties and obtain skills in accordance with the need to maintain a flexible multi-skilled workforce.
- To play an active role in recruiting and counseling employees within the Engineering team.
- To work within guidelines set by management in respect of overtime and additional temporary cover.
- Manage employee rotas
- Conduct employee appraisals and where necessary discipline individuals for poor performance and/or misconduct.
- Responsibility for the upkeep of all equipment to required standards
To actively participate and to lead initiatives to:-
- Playing a proactive role in planning and introducing changes within the Engineering Department with the objective of improving efficiency, standards and service to our internal customers. This will include employees, working practices, equipment and facilities.
- Promote the use of and participate in team meetings as a forum for involving Engineering employees in problem solving and performance improvement. To ensure initiatives are channeled through such a forum and appropriate Engineering employees participating in said meetings.
- Assist departments/areas in times of absence due to holidays and sickness.
- Ensure Engineering employees understand and work to systems, procedures and controls.
- To ensure Senior Management and relevant personnel are kept informed of adverse situations that may arise from time to time, whether workload related or employee related, and to seek assistance when necessary to resolve problems.
- To collect information as requested by management on a daily and weekly basis for reporting purposes and display and communicate actual performance to Warehouse employees.
- Good Engineering experience of manufacturing processes (ideally high volume metal pressing), covering Tooling, Maintenance and process improvements.
- Strong Management skills, proactive with a good understanding of effective Engineering operations
- Good communicative and organisational skills, integrity and tenacity. Numerate, good leadership qualities and familiarity with manufacturing systems. (Ideally SAP)
- Demonstrable skills in managing people (Development, managing performance and disciplining where necessary, managing information, managing day to day activities (Planning/Prioritising) and managing procedures.
- Able to interface with internal customers & External supplier/Sub contractors (discuss requirements and resolve issues).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
- A dynamic individual with good organisational and influential interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A good technical understanding of electrical, mechanic and hydraulic systems for planning and troubleshooting
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!