Role: Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Newtown, Mid Wales
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
Great Benefits Package: 23.5 days Holiday, Pension, Health Care, and many more
Full Relocation Assistance is available
Company Overview & Job Title:
A brilliant world leading Electrical & Electronics Manufacturing Engineering Specialist business, based in Newtown and the largest town in the county of Powys, Mid Wales, due to further expansion and development a terrific opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer to join the organization on a permanent basis.
The Ideal Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer will stem from at least having 1-2 years industry minimum work experience from being Entry Level/Graduate with a Degree in electronics engineering and to have a genuine interest and appetite in Electronics with a desire to learn more in the field or not just Electronics but also for Power Electronics & Embedded Software Engineering too.
Salary & working policy:
The salary on offer for the Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer is £20,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience. Graduate pay is reviewed after 6 months so the offer is the start point.
The client would be a in a position to offer full relocation assistance and to provide sponsorship for exceptional candidates.
As the Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer, you will be offered real opportunities for growth on a professional level. Also, The Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer able to develop of designs within a multi-disciplined Engineering team, such as Electronics, Software, Power Electronics or Mechanical Design in line with the project/product design direction. Works within a product development team environment to develop and evaluate designs. Graduate Power Electronics Engineer will be part of an excellent Graduate Engineering development program and therefore will periodically rotate between different teams or departments to gain knowledge and experience in different Engineering disciplines or Business departments.
Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer key skills:
- Up to 2+ years industry minimum experience
- Solid understanding of power electronics.
- Design and develop of analogue, digital, electronic circuits, and systems for power electronics
- Proven experience of designing power electronic circuits
- Experience in bench testing and component evaluation
- Experience with PCB Design & Schematic Capture
- Responsible for developing designs in line with the functional requirements specification (FRS)
- Develop design (DDP, component spec, drawings) and type test documentation. Should propose design/test conclusions in readiness for peer review.
- Conduct type testing of prototypes to validate and approve designs ensure conformance to the product specification.
- Familiarity with internal tool and processes within the design and test environment.
- Attends design reviews to learn from Senior Engineer but participate where appropriate.
- Ability to undertake tests of higher complexity/risk tests (e.g., pulse testing, component failure, short-circuits, shake & vibration, impact) under close supervision.
Desirable nice to have skills:
- General knowledge of power electronic devices, including silicon based IGBTs, MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies
- SMPS and linear regulator power supply design
- DC/AC and/or AC/DC Converters Design experience
- Switched mode power converters e.g., buck, boost, bridge, flyback
- Power conversion circuit simulation tools e.g., PLECS, Simetrix, Simplis MATLAB, MathCAD, PSCAD, EMTCD, PSPICE, Simulink etc
- EMC compatibility knowledge and experience
If you are a Graduate Power Electronics Design Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity to grow and to join a fantastic engineering business who will provide exceptional growth and development Graduate training and to be working on world class products, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for further information.
Not for you? – We pay up to £500 for a successful referral
Premier Group Recruitment Limited is an established and has significantly progressed on to become one of the UK's most successful specialist recruitment companies with 6 Global Offices, voted 9 times as Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for with 21 years of consistent growth, plus 120 market specialist consultants and an 32m turnover.