Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: circa £42K DOE
Industry: Food Processing Equipment
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leading manufacturer of Food Processing Equipment based in Birmingham, West Midlands. Due to a demand in products the mechanical design team is growing and required a Lead Mechanical to join the team. If you are a Mechanical Design Engineer with a background and interest of special purpose machine, component & mechanism design, sheet metal fabrication please read ahead!
Machines include complete weighing and packing line solutions.
Main Purpose of the role
To be responsible for the design, BOM issue, production, development, and technical support for a portfolio of products including CCW, DACS, Xray Weighing and Inspection Products.
- To be responsible for designs, rules, and quality of production designs, BOM and detail drawing output.
- Responsible for the technical solution and performance of production machinery designed and manufactured.
- Utilising Design for Manufacture and Value Engineering techniques to ensure a smooth transition from design concept into manufacture. Design and detail to ISO standards.
- Responsible for Machine Development in line with customer demands and competitor advances.
- Working in conjunction with Product Management to ensure the business is keeping pace with Competitors.
- To produce quotes and equipment selection recommendations.
- To encourage innovation and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- To ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation, and customer specific Codes of Practice.
- To ensure KPI targets for RFT, OTD and Quality solutions are consistently achieved.
- Establishing good working relationship with assembly teams, planning, purchasing, sales, and other key members of all Departments.
- Continue research of new technologies and industry pathways.
- Ability to lead a team of Engineers related to a design project.
- Assist with coaching and development of less experienced engineers.
What skills are we looking for?
You will have previous experience in a similar role of responsibility, with excellent organisational and communication skills, be quality driven and possess a flexible, pro-active and methodical approach to tasks.
You will take a professional approach in this key role, meet budget and performance targets for the business unit and provide a high standard of support and co-operation to internal and external customers.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!