LOCATION- South Devon
SALARY- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis in the South Devon area with experience in the electronics and assembly manufacturing industry. Your main duty will be to support & drive new products & technologies into the value stream.
The Manufacturing Engineer (Projects) will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree in Engineer or time- or time served Engineer equivalent
- 3 years experience in a technical environment
- Have an understanding of NPI strategy and tools
- Exposure to a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Innovative, creative and good leadership qualities
- Scope and design processes, implement production equipment, cost control and risks
- Deliver efficient and low-cost production lines into volume value streams
- Builds strong alliances across all functions and liaison with Quality, Commercial, Engineering and Supply Chain to meet the customer and project needs
- You will assist in establishing manufacturing standards, monitoring performance and analysing deviations across the manufacturing facility. Assist in process improvements with use of FMEA, process flows, process control & scrap reduction
- Develop and maintain accurate NPI production delivery plans identifying resources required e.g. space, operators and equipment
- Works closely with the Engineering, Production Planner and Materials Issuer to ensure materials, build instructions, resource and equipment are available, on-time, for production.
- Drive project delivery to meet the defined financial requirements of the Pilot Line Value Stream ready for introduction into the Volume Value Stream lines.
- Monitor, review & improve project lead times
- Ensure WIP and incoming material flows through the line in accordance to the project and production plans, achieving or surpassing customers’ delivery expectations.
- Deliver New Products from initial prototypes into volume manufacturing that meet specification and low cost requirements