Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: Circa £40K
Industry: Thermal Machines
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in thermal machine manufacturing based in the Midlands with various manufacturing plants across the UK. Due to project and team growth 2 new opportunities have become available for a Mechanical Design Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Technical Director, this role focuses on the ability to manage, create and implement practical innovative and cost effective designs that enable the business to gain market share by the generation and release of new products.
- Managing and motivating a multi-disciplined project team that will deliver safe, reliable and cost effective products and features from the conceptual stage to introduction.
- Managing, planning, costing and controlling a budget associated with a new or modified product or feature.
- Alongside others be a pivotal part of the business design function proposing new and improved systems and business methodologies (whether these be CAD or business wide).
- Being a design lead and point of reference within the PD team capable of designing, analysing, interpreting and implementing solutions for new products, or to ensure resolution of any warranty or value analysis proposal.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and adherence to business processes and an awareness of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
- To undertake or delegate product designs as necessary to ensure timely release designs, engineering drawings, CAD files, specifications, etc., as appropriate.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum qualification is an HNC in an Engineering Discipline with at least 5 years design related experience.
- Excellent communication skills in both the spoken and written form.
- A capable experienced and ‘hands on’ Designer fully conversant with Solidworks and an associated PMD system, or similar.
- Be fully conversant with PD systems, materials, specifications and processes necessary for the generation and introduction of new products and features.
- Ability to effectively contribute to a project team, unafraid to challenge the norm.
- Possess good analytical skills to formulate solutions and challenge assumptions
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.