LOCATION - Chard
TERM - Permanent
SALARY - £38,000 - £48,000 per annum plus benefits (dependent on experience)
My client – a Special Purpose Machinery manufacturer and international supplier is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their operation on a permanent basis in Chard.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
• A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Mechanical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, HNC, NVQ etc).
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience Designing Special Purpose Machinery
• Confidence in the use of 3D CAD software’s; preferably AutoCAD Inventor although others will be considered
• Proven experience of Design skills in innovative machinery for international clients
• Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
• The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
The Mechanical Design Engineer’s duties will involve:
• Being involved in concept design through to production
• Using Inventor software on a day to day basis
• Working within the existing Engineering team, taking lead in certain instances
• Producing bills of materials and documentation in order to provide the correct manufacturing components
• Meeting deadlines effectively
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.