Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £32K - £38K DOE
Industry: Food Processing Equipment
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leading manufacturer of Food Processing Equipment based in Birmingham, West Midlands. Due to a demand in products the mechanical design team is growing by a further 6 heads. If you are a Mechanical Design Engineer with a background and interest of special purpose machine, component & mechanism design, sheet metal fabrication please read ahead!
Machines include complete weighing and packing line solutions.
What is the purpose of the role?
To be responsible for the design, BOM issue, production, and technical support for a portfolio of products including CCW, DACS and Xray machinery.
- To be responsible for designs, BOM’s, development work, enquiries and value engineering activities on-time and to the correct specification, hygiene and quality standards.
- Holding design reviews, understanding the key requirements and progressing a design to completion.
- Utilising Design for Manufacture and Value Engineering techniques to ensure a smooth transition from design concept into manufacture. (Solidworks & AutoCAD)
- Select appropriate third-party components to be used within designs.
- To produce layout, assembly and detail drawings from a sketched idea.
- To produce costing sheets for proposed designs, parts and assemblies.
- To produce quotes and equipment selection recommendations.
- To formulate technical specifications for parts and products.
- To encourage innovation and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- To ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation, and customer specific Codes of Practice.
- To ensure KPI targets for RFT, efficiency, and cost and service are consistently achieved.
- To meet all deadlines and targets.
- To support and assist other team members as required.
- Establishing good working relationship with assembly teams, planning, purchasing, sales and other key members of all Departments.
- To undertake all tasks that are commensurate with the post.
What skills are we looking for?
You will have a mechanical engineering qualification and/or previous proven experience in a similar role, with strong knowledge of materials handling, existing core products and sheet metal/SPM design, the ability to produce layout, assembly and detail drawings from a sketched idea, have full understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations, and have excellent problem solving skills.
You will have good communication skills, be a customer focused team player and possess a flexible, pro-active and methodical approach to tasks.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!