SALARY- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus other benefits
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Somerset area. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding around general Mechanical / Electrical engineering principles and will ensure they always work to the highest standards satisfying the company’s and customer’s requirements.
The Mechanical Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Thorough understanding of general mechanical engineering principles
- A basic understanding of electrics/electronics would be of benefit, but not essential
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Team player
- To expect and demonstrate high standards of workmanship
- Good planning & time-management skills
The Mechanical Engineer role will involve:
- Carry out engineering work at company depots, on-site, and at customer’s premises, as requested.
- Ensure that all work is completed to specification, in accordance with the Company’s procedures and quality standards
- Ensure that workmanship is always of the highest standard, and satisfies the Company’s and customer’s requirements
- Ensure that all units assembled are properly tested in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Make every effort to ensure work is completed on-time and within budget, identifying additional work not included in the original estimate and reporting information to Workshop Manager.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met & that the relevant Risk Assessments are completed and actioned
- To be available when required for off-site commissioning, service & repair work
- Ensure the safe-keeping, regular maintenance, and professional appearance of Company vehicles, tools, and equipment
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation. Alternatively, you can contact me on email@example.com