Location: Northwest Birmingham
Contract Duration: Project Based
Premier Engineering have collaborated with a key client located in North-west Birmingham who specialise in supplying chemistry services to the global market, supplying the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Speciality Chemical industries as well as many others.
The client is looking for an experienced Mechanical fitter to join the Mechanical Department on a contract basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a low tier COMAH facility.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The ideal Mechanical Fitter will have the following experience listed below:-
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- Experience working withing a Chemical plant would be highly beneficial but not necessary
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.