Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: DOE £30K - £40K
Industry: Process Machinery
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key and exclusive client who are a world leading manufacturer of coil processing and roll forming equipment based in Dudley, West Midlands.
The business is a world leader for the supply of high-tech coil processing and roll forming equipment worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand, Spain, United States as well as capabilities here in the United Kingdom.
This is a field-based role and traveling from our UK facility based in Dudley. You will be required to travel to customer sites, both domestically and internationally, as well as spend time training and working at other Group companies.
As a multi-skilled maintenance/service engineer, you will be required to give our customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support. You will be required to develop technical knowledge of highly engineered and automated coil processing and roll forming equipment (roll forming or related equipment experience would be beneficial). This role requires experience or aptitude to develop knowledge in both mechanical and electrical engineering, experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems and knowledge of PLC Systems (Allen Bradley or Siemens). When not at customer sites, your role would be to assist the UK division in generating revenue by promoting service visits and spare parts sales. The role would also include installation and start-up of equipment globally. This requires international travel and includes visits to Group companies for training on particular projects and then carryout the installation/start-up at our customer sites; either individually or managing a team of personnel.
- To work within the Groups values and beliefs, at all times.
- To observe, abide by and enforce the Company’s and Client’s Health & Safety policies.
- To always present a professional image to customers whether by telephone, in writing or in person.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers ensuring you are always punctual, helpful and courteous.
- Provide routine servicing and breakdown assistance to customers to quickly resolve problems.
- Carry out and manage installation, start-up and commissioning of Group equipment, both domestically and internationally.
- Train customers in safe operation and maintenance of Group equipment.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Group equipment and technology.
- Liaise with engineering, sales and other group companies as required on both new and existing projects and potential leads.
- Timely completion and submission of risk assessments, method statements, work reports, activity reports and all other documentation.
- Timely completion of site tasks and activities as required.
- Look for potential opportunities when visiting customer sites, providing assistance to the sales department and other group companies for spare parts, service visits, upgrades, refurbishments and new equipment.
- Offer feedback on future product development, features and function.
- Provide regular updates to the Managing Director.
We would provide a period of initial training and familiarization with Group equipment, following the hiring of the successful candidate, since we would want you to grow into this role and achieve success and a long career with the business. The package of employment would include a competitive salary, 25 days holiday per year (plus statutory) and enrolment in our pension scheme (after a successful probation period).
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!